Powering On a JCS 1200 Routing Engine
After you connect the Routing Engine to power through the JCS 1200 platform, the Routing Engine can start in any of the following ways:
- You can press the power control button on the front of
the Routing Engine behind the control panel door (see JCS 1200 Routing Engine Control Panel Buttons and LEDs).
Note: Wait until the power-on LED on the Routing Engine flashes slowly before you press the power control button. While the service processor in the management module is initializing, the power-on LED does not flash, and the power control button on the Routing Engine does not respond.
While the Routing Engine is starting, the power-on LED on the front of the Routing Engine is lit.
- If a power failure occurs, the JCS 1200 platform and then the Routing Engine can start automatically when power is restored if the Routing Engine is configured through the management module to do so.
- You can power on the Routing Engine remotely through the management module.
- The wake-on-LAN feature can power on the Routing Engine
if the following conditions are met:
- The Routing Engine is connected to power (the power-on LED is flashing slowly).
- The operating system supports the wake-on-LAN feature.
- The wake-on-LAN feature has not been disabled through the management module.