Installing a JCS 1200 Power Box
Figure 1 shows how to remove and install a power box.
Figure 1: Removing and Installing a JCS 1200 Power Box
To install a power box (see Figure 1):
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Orient the connectors on the back of the power box with the connectors in the JCS 1200 chassis.
- Slide the power box into the JCS 1200 chassis.
- Tighten the two captive thumbscrews on the power
box by turning the thumbscrews clockwise approximately eight turns
(see Figure 2 and Figure 3).
Figure 2: Tightening Thumbscrews on the Upper Power Box
Figure 3: Tightening Thumbscrews on the Lower Power Box
- Install the five Phillips-head screws that attach the power box to the chassis.
- Install the fan shuttle into the JCS 1200 platform (see Installing a JCS 1200 Fan Shuttle).
- Reconnect any cables that were disconnected from the modules in the rear of the JCS 1200 platform.
- Reconnect the power to the JCS 1200 platform (see Connecting the JCS 1200 AC Platform to AC Power or Connecting the JCS 1200 DC Platform to DC Power).
- Restart any Routing Engines that were powered off in the JCS 1200 platform (see Powering On a JCS 1200 Routing Engine).