Installing the JCS 1200 Platform Using a Lift
Before installing the JCS 1200 platform in the rack:
- Read the safety information in JCS 1200 Chassis Lifting Guidelines.
- Remove the JCS 1200 platform from the shipping container, as described in Unpacking the JCS 1200 Platform.
- Install the mounting hardware, as described in Installing the JCS 1200 Mounting Hardware for a Four-Post Rack or Cabinet or Installing the JCS 1200 Mounting Hardware for an Open-Frame Rack.
Caution: Before front mounting the JCS 1200 platform in a rack, have a qualified technician verify that the rack is strong enough to support the JCS 1200 platform's weight and is adequately supported at the installation site.
- If you are installing the platform in an open-frame rack, ensure that the rack is in its permanent location and is secured to the building. Ensure that the installation site allows adequate clearance for both airflow and maintenance. For details, see Overview of Preparing the Site for JCS 1200 Platform Installation.
- Load the platform onto the lift, making sure it rests securely on the lift platform.
- Using the lift, position the platform in front of the rack or cabinet, centering it in front of the mounting shelves.
- Lift the chassis approximately 0.75 in. (1.91 cm) above the surface of the mounting shelves and position it as close as possible to the shelves.
- Carefully slide the platform onto the mounting shelves so that the bottom of the chassis and the mounting shelves overlap by approximately 2 in.
- With two people pulling on the chassis from the rear of the rack or cabinet while two people push on the mounting flanges, slide the platform onto the mounting shelves until the front-mounting or center-mounting flanges contact the rack rails. The shelves ensure that the holes in the mounting flanges align with the holes in the rack rails.
- Install a mounting screw into each of the open mounting holes in the rack-mounting brackets to fasten the chassis to the rack, starting from the bottom.
- Move the lift away from the rack.
- Visually inspect the alignment of the platform. If the platform is installed properly in the rack, all the mounting screws on one side of the rack should be aligned with the mounting screws on the opposite side, and the platform should be level.
Figure 1: Installing the JCS 1200 Platform in a Four-Post Rack
Figure 2: Installing the JCS 1200 Platform in an Open-Frame Rack