Removing a JCS 1200 Routing Engine
Figure 1 shows how to remove and install a Routing Engine.
Figure 1: Removing and Installing a JCS 1200 Routing Engine
To remove a Routing Engine (see Figure 1):
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Issue the shutdown –T system:blade[x] command (where x is a value of 1 through 12) from the management module CLI. The command shuts down the Routing Engines cleanly, so their state information is preserved. For more information, see the JUNOS Protected System Domain Configuration Guide.
- Power off the Routing Engine.
Wait at least 30 seconds until the drives stop spinning before you proceed to the next step.
- Open the two release handles as shown in Figure 1. The Routing Engine moves out of the bay approximately 0.25 in. (0.6 cm).
- Pull the Routing Engine out of the bay.
- Place either a Routing Engine filler or another Routing Engine into the bay within 1 minute.