Removing a JCS 1200 Management Module or Module Filler
Figure 1 shows how to remove and install a management module.
Figure 1: Removing and Installing a JCS 1200 Management Module
When you remove a management module, keep in mind the following:
- These instructions assume that the JCS 1200 platform is connected to power.
- If you are replacing the only management module in the JCS 1200 platform and the management module is functioning, save the configuration file before you proceed. For information about saving and restoring a configuration file, see the JUNOS Protected System Domain Configuration Guide.
- If you have just installed a second management module in the JCS 1200 platform, do not remove the first (primary) management module for up to 45 minutes; the second (redundant) management module needs the time to receive initial status information and firmware from the management module.
To remove a management module or module filler (see Figure 1):
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Pull the management module release handle to the open position. The module moves out of the bay approximately 0.25 in. (0.6 cm).
- Slide the management module out of the bay.