Removing a JCS 1200 Fan Module
Figure 1 shows how to remove and install a fan module.
Figure 1: Removing and Installing a JCS 1200 Fan Module
Note: While the JCS 1200 platform is operating, only one fan module should be removed at a time. Removing two fan modules might cause the JCS 1200 platform to overheat.
To remove a fan module (see Figure 1):
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
the shipping block that is installed below the release levers:
Figure 2: Removing the Shipping Block
Note: When the JCS 1200 platform is shipped, each fan module has a shipping block installed below the release lever that is on the same side as the fan module orientation mark.
- Remove the Phillips-head screw that attaches the shipping block to the JCS 1200 platform.
- Pull the shipping block away from the JCS 1200 platform. Place the shipping block and screw in a safe place.
- Press down on the release levers on either side of the fan module you are removing. The module moves out of the bay approximately 0.25 in. (0.6 cm).
- Pull the fan module out of the bay.