Installing a JCS 1200 Fan Module
Figure 1 shows how to remove and install a fan module.
Figure 1: Removing and Installing a JCS 1200 Fan Module
To install a fan module (see Figure 1):
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
the fan module to the selected fan module bay.
Figure 2: Fan Module Orientation Marks
- If you are installing a fan module in fan module bay 1 or 2, orient the fan so the orientation mark is at the bottom-right corner.
- If you are installing a fan module in fan module bay 3 or 4, orient the fan so the orientation mark is at the top-left corner.
- Slide the fan module into the bay until it stops.
Note: Make sure the release levers for the fan module return to a locked position.
- If you are shipping the JCS 1200 platform to
another location, install the shipping block that came with the JCS 1200 platform.
Note: When the JCS 1200 platform is shipped, a shipping block must be installed for each fan module. The shipping block is installed below the release lever that is on the same side as the fan module orientation mark.
Figure 3: Installing the JCS 1200 Shipping Block
- Orient the shipping block below the release lever on the same side as the orientation mark on the fan module.
- Push the shipping block into the slot below the release lever.
- Install the Phillips-head screw that attaches the shipping block to the JCS 1200 platform.