Installing a JCS 1200 Bezel Collar
Figure 1 shows how to remove and install a bezel collar.
Figure 1: Removing and Installing the JCS 1200 Bezel Collar
To install a JCS 1200 bezel collar (see Figure 1):
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- If installed, remove the cable management trays from the JCS 1200 platform. See Removing the JCS 1200 Cable Management Trays Without a Bezel for more information.
- Attach the cable management trays to the bezel
collar (see Figure 2):
Figure 2: Attaching the Cable Management Trays to the Bezel Collar
- Position the bezel collar so that the light path extension assembly retention tabs are on your left.
- Select one of the cable management trays and align the mounting holes of the cable management tray with the mounting holes in the bezel collar.
- Secure the cable
management tray to the collar using the supplied M4 screws (see Figure 2).
Note: Three M4 screws are used to secure the upper cable management tray. Be sure to insert one screw in the hole closest to the front edge of the bezel collar on the left side; then use two screws on the right side.
- Repeat 2 and 3 for the remaining cable management tray.
- Remove management module 1 from management module bay 1. See Removing a JCS 1200 Management Module or Module Filler for more information.
- Remove the interposer from management module bay
- Pull the management module interposer release handle to the open position. The interposer moves out of the bay approximately 0.25 in. (0.6 cm).
- Slide the interposer out of the bay.
- Remove any switch modules or module fillers from switch module bays 7 and 8. See Removing a JCS 1200 Switch Module or Module Filler for more information.
- Remove the interposer from switch module bays 7
- Pull the switch module interposer release handle to the open position. The interposer moves out of the bay approximately 0.25 in. (0.6 cm).
- Slide the interposer out of the bay.
- Attach the bezel collar to the JCS 1200 platform
- Insert the lower bezel collar hooks into the bezel mounting slots on the bottom of the JCS 1200 platform; then rotate the top of the frame up until the upper collar hooks are inserted into the mounting slots.
- Push down on the bezel collar to completely engage the
collar hooks in the mounting slots.
Note: The top of the collar should be flush with the top of the chassis.
- Secure the bezel collar to the JCS 1200 platform by
using a Phillips-head screwdriver to tighten the captive mounting
screws on the cable management trays (see Figure 3).
Figure 3: Securing the Cable Management Trays
- Reinstall the management module interposer into
management module bay 1:
- Make sure that the release handle on the interposer is in the open position.
- Slide the interposer into the management module bay until it stops.
- Push the interposer release handle to the closed position.
- Reinstall management module 1 into management module bay 1 (see Installing a JCS 1200 Management Module or Module Filler).
- Install the light path extension assembly. Two light path
extension assemblies are shipped with the JCS 1200 bezel to extend
the light path LEDs so that they are visible through the bezel. Install
one light path extension assembly for each of the management modules
installed in your JCS 1200 platform.
Figure 4: Installing the Light Path Extension Assembly
- Place the light path extension assembly onto the bezel collar in front of the retention tabs. The release tab should extend slightly beyond the edge of the collar.
- Push the assembly toward the back of the collar until the release tab clicks into place. While pushing the assembly toward the JCS 1200 platform, ensure that the locator pin is inserted into the hex locator hole to the right of the light path LEDs on the media tray.
- Install the filter frame (see Installing the JCS 1200 Bezel Filter.