Installing a JCS 1200 Fan Shuttle
Figure 1 shows how to remove and install a fan shuttle.
Figure 1: Removing and Installing a JCS 1200 Fan Shuttle
To install the shuttle (see Figure 1):
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Make sure
that no modules are installed in the fan shuttle and the release handles
on the shuttle are in the open position.
Caution: Use your hands to hold the frame of the fan shuttle where the fan module bays are located. Do not use the release handles to hold the fan shuttle.
- Orient the fan shuttle so that fan module bays 1 and 3 are above fan module bays 2 and 4.
- Align the shuttle with the JCS 1200 chassis and push the shuttle into the chassis until it stops.
- Push the release handles to the closed position. The shuttle moves back fully into the JCS 1200 chassis.
- Tighten the four captive thumbscrews on the fan shuttle.
- Tighten the captive thumbscrew on each release
Caution: The release handles have a safety switch that disables power output from the power boxes. If the release handles are not secured to the chassis with the thumbscrews, the JCS 1200 platform will not power on.
- Install any of the following modules that you removed
from the rear of the JCS 1200 platform:
- Fan modules (see Installing a JCS 1200 Fan Module).
- Network clock fillers (see Installing a JCS 1200 Network Clock Filler).
- MUX card (see Installing a JCS 1200 MUX Card).
- Alarm panel module (see Installing a JCS 1200 Alarm Panel Module or Module Filler).
- Reconnect any cables that you disconnected from the modules in the rear of the JCS 1200 platform.
- Reconnect the power to the JCS 1200 platform (see Connecting the JCS 1200 AC Platform to AC Power or Connecting the JCS 1200 DC Platform to DC Power).
- Restart any Routing Engines that were powered off in the JCS 1200 platform.