Contacting Customer Support to Obtain Return Materials Authorization
If you are returning a switch or hardware component to Juniper Networks for repair or replacement, obtain a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) from Juniper Networks Technical Assistance Center (JTAC).
After locating the serial number of the switch or hardware component you want to return, open a Case with Juniper Networks Technical Assistance Center (JTAC) on the Web or by telephone. For instructions on locating the serial number of the switch or hardware component you want to return, see Locating an EX-series Switch or Switch Component Serial Number.
Before you request an RMA from JTAC, be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your existing case number, if you have one
- Serial number of the component
- Your name, organization name, telephone number, fax number, and shipping address
- Details of the failure or problem
- Type of activity being performed on the switch when the problem occurred
- Configuration data displayed by one or more show commands
You can contact JTAC 24 hours a day, seven days a week on the Web or by telephone:
- Case Manager at CSC: https://www.juniper.net/cm/
- Telephone: +1-888-314-JTAC (+1-888-314-5822, toll free in U.S., Canada, and Mexico)
Note: For international or direct-dial options in countries without toll free numbers, go to https://www.juniper.net/support/requesting-support.html
If you are contacting JTAC by telephone, enter your 11-digit case number followed by the pound (#) key if this is an existing case, or press the star (*) key to be routed to the next available support engineer.
The support representative validates your request and issues an RMA number for return of the component.