Replacing the Standard CBs in the T-series Routing Platform
Before you connect an offline T-series routing platform to the JCS 1200 platform, you must replace the standard control boards (CBs) with T-CBs. To replace the CBs with T-CBs:
- If the routing platform is powered on, issue the request
system halt both-routing-engines operational mode command from
the console or other management device connected to the routing platform.
The command shuts down the Routing Engines cleanly, so their state
information is preserved.
user@host> request system halt both-routing-engines
Wait until a message appears on the console confirming that the operating system has halted. For more information about the command, see the JUNOS System Basics and Services Command Reference.
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Switch all
circuit breakers on the power supply faceplates to the off position (O).
Note: The CBs and T-CBs are hot-removable and hot-insertable if the routing node contains redundant host subsystems. However, we recommend that you power off the routing platform before you replace the CBs and T-CBs.
- Set the switches on each T-CB:
- Set the chassis ID switch to 0. You must use the same chassis ID on each T-CB.
- Set the M/S switch on the T-CB faceplate to S.
- Replace each CB with a T-CB. Use the standard replacement procedure described in the hardware guide for your routing platform.
- You can optionally upgrade the Routing Engines in the routing platform. To replace each Routing Engine, follow the standard replacement procedure described in the hardware guide for your routing platform.