General Electrical Safety Guidelines and Warnings Electrical Codes for the JCS 1200 Platform
- Install the routing platform in compliance with the following
local, national, or international electrical codes:
- United States—National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 70), United States National Electrical Code.
- Canada—Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1, CSA C22.1.
- Other countries—International Electromechanical Commission (IEC) 60364, Part 1 through Part 7.
- Evaluated to the TN power system.
- Locate the emergency power-off switch for the room in which you are working so that if an electrical accident occurs, you can quickly turn off the power.
- Do not work alone if potentially hazardous conditions exist anywhere in your workspace.
- Never assume that power is disconnected from a circuit. Always check the circuit before starting to work.
- Carefully look for possible hazards in your work area, such as moist floors, ungrounded power extension cords, and missing safety grounds.
- Operate the routing platform within marked electrical ratings and product usage instructions.
- For the routing platform and peripheral equipment to function safely and correctly, use the cables and connectors specified for the attached peripheral equipment, and make certain they are in good condition.
Many routing platform components can be removed and replaced without powering off or disconnecting power to the routing platform, as detailed in JCS 1200 Hardware Component Installation Guidelines. Never install equipment if it appears damaged.