JCS 1200 Return Procedure
If the problem cannot be resolved by the JTAC technician, an RMA is issued. This number is used to track the returned material at the factory and to return repaired or new components to the customer as needed.
Note: Do not return any component to Juniper Networks, Inc. unless you have first obtained an RMA number. Juniper Networks, Inc. reserves the right to refuse shipments that do not have an RMA. Refused shipments will be returned to the customer via collect freight.
For more information about return and repair policies, see the customer support Web page at https://www.juniper.net/support/guidelines.html.
For product problems or technical support issues, contact the Juniper Networks Technical Assistance Center (JTAC) using the Case Manager link at https://www.juniper.net/support/, or at 1-888-314-JTAC (within the United States) or 1-408-745-9500 (from outside the United States).
When you need to return a component:
- Determine the part number and serial number of the component.
- Obtain a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number from the Juniper Networks Technical Assistance Center (JTAC). You can send e-mail or telephone as described above.
- Provide the following information in your e-mail
message or during the telephone call:
- Part number and serial number of component
- Your name, organization name, telephone number, and fax number
- Description of the failure
- The support representative validates your request and issues an RMA number for return of the component.
- Pack the platform or component for shipment, as described in Guidelines for Packing JCS 1200 Platform Components for Shipment or Packing the JCS 1200 Platform for Shipment.