Overview of JCS 1200 Diagnostic Tools
The following tools are available to help you diagnose and solve hardware-related problems:
- Troubleshooting tables—These tables list problem symptoms and steps to correct the problems. For more information, see the following topics:
- Diagnostic programs and error messages—The built-in self-test (BIST) program checks the JCS 1200 platform during startup and generates error messages if problems are found.
- Light path diagnostic LEDs—Use the light path diagnostic LEDs on the JCS 1200 platform and the JCS 1200 components to identify system errors quickly.
- Real Time Diagnostics—Real Time Diagnostics tests the major components of the JCS 1200 platform, including the management modules, switch modules, removable media drives, and the Routing Engines.
- System event logs—The management module stores system events and can be accessed through the management module user interface.
- Service data—The management module stores important hardware information that can be accessed through the management module user interface.