Mounting and Installing the TCX1000-2D8CMD in a Rack
You can mount a TCX1000-2D8CMD in a rack by using the TCX1000-RCK-1 kit.
Before You Begin Installing the TCX1000-2D8CMD
Before installing the TCX1000-2D8CMD module, make sure your site meets all power, environmental, and clearance requirements.
To mount the TCX1000-2D8CMD in a rack, you need the TCX1000-RCK-1 kit. This kit is separately orderable.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to install the TCX1000-2D8CMD:
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap (not provided).
Screwdriver appropriate for the rack-mounting screws (not provided).
TCX1000-RCK-1 kit (separately orderable), which includes these items:
Chassis to mount the TCX1000-2D8CMD
Four self-tapping bolts to secure the chassis to the rack
Two 19-in. front mounting brackets (preinstalled on the chassis)
Two 21-in. and two 23-in. mounting brackets
Mounting the Chassis
Depending on the rack you plan to use, select the appropriate bracket size to fit the frame on a four-post or two-post frame. See Figure 1 for the different types of brackets that are shipped with the chassis.
The 19-in. front brackets are attached to the chassis when they are shipped. If you want to attach the 21-in. or 23-in. brackets, unscrew the 19-in. brackets from the chassis, and attach the 21-in. or 23-in. brackets by using the same screws.
To mount the TCX1000-RCK-1 chassis on two posts in a rack using the 19-in. mounting brackets:
This procedure requires two persons. Do not attempt to do it alone.
- Attach an ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist and to
a site ESD point.
Place the rack in its permanent location, allowing adequate clearance for airflow and maintenance, and secure it to the building structure.
- Have one person grasp both sides of the chassis, lift it, and position it in the rack so that the front brackets are aligned with the rack holes. See Figure 2.
- Have a second person secure the front of the chassis to the rack using four mounting screws (and cage nuts and washers if your rack requires them). Tighten the screws. See Figure 2.
Installing the TCX1000-2D8CMD in the Chassis
To install the TCX1000-2D8CMD in the chassis:
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist and to a site ESD point.
- Remove the blank cover by pulling the knobs of the snap latch (located on either side) and pulling the cover out. See Figure 3.
- Lift the TCX1000-2D8CMD and carefully align it with the slot in the chassis, as shown in Figure 4.
- Slide the TCX1000-2D8CMD until it is fully seated in the slot. Push the knobs in fully on the snap latch (located on either side) to lock in the TCX1000-2D8CMD.
- Install additional modules if needed by following the same steps. You can install up to three modules in the chassis.