Installing and Connecting the TCX1000-RDM20 OSC SFP
To install and connect the OSC SFP to the OSC 0:
All fiber-optic cable connectors should be inspected and cleaned prior to performing any optical connections, see the TCX1000 Programmable ROADM Hardware Guide for instructions.
- Prevent ESD damage to your equipment by attaching an ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist, and then connecting the strap to an approved site ESD grounding point.
- Verify that the OSC SFP transceiver is covered by a rubber safety cap. If it is not, cover the transceiver with a safety cap.
- Carefully align the transceiver with the slots in the component. The connectors should face the component. See Figure 1.
- Slide the transceiver until the connector is seated in
the component slot. If you are unable to fully insert the transceiver,
make sure the connector is facing the right way. Close the ejector
handle of the transceiver.
Do not look directly into a fiber-optic connector or into the ends of fiber-optic cables. Fiber-optic transceivers and fiber-optic cables connected to transceivers emit laser light that can damage your eyes.
- Remove the rubber safety cap from the transceiver.
- (Optional) Remove the dust plugs from the 3-dB LC fixed
optical attenuators and install the optical attenuators in both the
OSC OUT and IN ports. See Figure 2.
Optical attenuators need to be installed if the expected span loss is less than 15 dB.
- Connect the primary (1511 nm) OSC channel. Remove the dust plug from the other end of optical attenuators and use the supplied LC duplex fiber patch cord to connect SFP Rx port to the OSC 0 OUT port and the SFP Tx port to the OSC 0 IN port. See Figure 3.