Connecting the C Series Controllers to External Devices
Connecting the C Series Controller to a Network for Out-of-Band Management
To connect the C Series Controller to a network for out-of-band management, connect an Ethernet cable with RJ-45 connectors to one of the Ethernet ports on the front panel. One Ethernet cable is provided with the controller.
To connect to the Ethernet port on the front panel to a network:
- Turn off the power to the management device.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable (Figure 1 shows the connector) into one of the Ethernet ports on the front panel. Figure 2 shows the port. Plug the other end of the cable into the network device.
Connecting the C Series Controller to a Management Console
Before powering on the system, you must set up a management console. The console enables you to communicate with your system during the power-on process and to manage your system using the command-line interface (CLI).
When connecting a console directly to the system, use a cable appropriate to your terminal connector. The cable must have a socket DB-9 connector to attach to the RS-232 port on the system.
To connect the C3000 or C5000 Controller to a management console:
- Turn off the power to the console.
- Plug the RJ-45 end of the serial cable (Figure 3 shows the connector) into the port labeled CONSOLE on the front panel. Figure 4 shows the location of the port on the front panel.
- Plug the socket DB-9 end into the device's serial port.