Creating Application Tokens
To access this page, click Administration > Application Tokens. You can generate application tokens from the App Tokens page.
Review the Application Tokens Overview topic.
Note that an application token is marked inactive if it has not been used for 30 days. Once inactive, all access using the token is blocked until it is activated again. If an application token has not been used for 90 days, it is automatically deleted and cannot be recovered again.
Note that when you generate an application token, you must copy and paste it at the time of generation. Once you close the generation screen, the token is no longer available for copying.
To generate an application token:
- Select Administration> Application Tokens.
- Click the plus (+) icon.
- Complete the configuration by using the guidelines in Table 1 below.
- Click OK.
- Copy and paste the generated token into the Open API configuration
process by using it as the bearer token in the authorization header.
When you generate an application token, you must copy and paste it at the time of generation. Once you close the generation screen, the token is no longer available for copying.
Table 1: Application Token Settings
Enter a unique name for this token. This must be a unique string that only contains, letters, numbers, and dashes; no spaces allowed; 32-character maximum.
Enter a description for your token; maximum length is 1024 characters. You should make this description as useful as possible for all administrators.
Select one or both check boxes to generate an application token for Security Director and/or Third Party feeds.
When you generate a token, it is active by default. To deactivate a token or activate it again:
- Select the check box beside the application token.
- Click the Deactivate button. Use the Activate button to reinstate the token after it’s deactivated.
When you click an application token name, you can view the IP addresses of devices that have used the token and the time the token was utilized. To block and IP address or unblock it:
- Select the check box beside the IP address.
- Click the Block button. Use the Unblock button to reinstate access to the IP address.