Step 1: Begin
Meet the QFX5130-32CD Ethernet Switch
The QFX5130-32CD Ethernet Switches are an optimally designed solution for spine-and-leaf deployments in enterprise, service provider, and cloud data centers. The switches come in a low-profile 1-U form factor and support a bandwidth of 12.8 Tbps.
With 32 400GbE ports, the switches enable a wide variety of configurations that include support for 10-Gbps, 25-Gbps, 40-Gbps, 100-Gbps, and 400-Gbps speeds. The QFX5130-32CD switches are available with either a front-to-back or back-to-front airflow and with dual AC power supplies.
Install the QFX5130-32CD in a Rack
Before you begin the installation, be sure to review theGeneral Safety Guidelines and Warnings.
The QFX5130-32CD comes with two power cords appropriate for your geographic location. It also comes with an RJ-45 Ethernet cable, an RJ-45 to DB-9 serial port adapter, and a rack mount kit.
The rack mount kit contains:
Twelve flat-head M4x6-mm Phillips mounting screws
One pair of mounting blades
One pair of mounting rails
You'll also need:
Someone to help you secure the switch to the rack
Eight rack mount screws
Panduit LCD10-10A-L grounding lug or equivalent
Two 10-32 x 0.25 screws with #10 split-lock washers
A number two Phillips (+) screwdriver
Here’s how to install the QFX5130-32CD in a four-post rack:
- Wrap and fasten one end of the ESD grounding strap around your bare wrist, and connect the other end to a site ESD point.
- Decide which end of the switch you want to place at the
front of the rack. Position the switch so that the
AIR INlabels are next to the cold aisle and the
AIR OUTlabels are next to the hot aisle.
- Attach the mounting rails to the sides of the switch using the twelve flat-head screws.
- Lift the switch and position it in the rack. Line up the bottom hole in each mounting rail with a hole in each rack rail, making sure the switch is level.
- While you’re holding the switch in place, have a second person insert and tighten the rack mount screws to secure the mounting rails to the rack rails. Make sure they tighten the screws in the two bottom holes first and then tighten the screws in the two top holes.
- Continue holding the switch in place and have the second person slide the mounting blades into the channel of the mounting rails.
- Screw the mounting blades to the rack using the rack mount screws (and cage nuts and washers if your rack requires them).
- Check that the mounting brackets on each side of the rack
are lined up with each other.
If you have unused ports, plug them using dust covers to prevent dust from entering the switch.
Now that you’ve installed your QFX5130-32CD in the rack, you’re ready to connect it to power.
- Attach an ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the other end of the ESD strap to the ESD point on the rack.
- Use two 10-32 x 0.25 screws with #10 split-lock washers to secure the grounding lug and attached cable to the chassis. Attach the lug through the left rail and blade assembly to the chassis.
- Connect the remaining end of the grounding cable to a proper earth ground, such as the rack in which the switch is mounted. Dress the grounding cable and ensure that it doesn’t touch or block access to other device components and that it doesn’t drape where people could trip over it.
- Ensure that the power supplies are fully inserted in the chassis and the latches are secure.
- For each power supply, ensure that the loop on the power cord retainer is open and there’s enough space to insert the power cord coupler into the inlet. If the loop is closed, press the small tab on the retainer to loosen the loop.
- Thread the power cord coupler through the power cord retainer loop.
- Plug the power cord into the AC inlet on the power supply faceplate.
- Slide the power cord retainer loop toward the power supply until it is snug against the base of the coupler.
- Press the tab on the loop and draw out the loop to enclose
the power cord.
Ensure that the power cord does not block access to device components or drape where people can trip on it.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, turn
The switch powers on as soon as power is provided to the power supply. There is no power switch on the device.
- Plug the power cord into the AC power source outlet.
- If the AC power source outlet has a power switch, turn it on.
- Verify that the AC LEDs on each power supply are lit green.