Importing a QFX3000-M QFabric System Control Plane EX4200 Switch Configuration with a USB Flash Drive
There are two methods of importing the configuration file to the QFX3000-M QFabric system control plane EX4200 switches.
Download the configuration file onto a USB flash drive from the Juniper Networks software download site before inserting the USB flash drive into the EX4200 switch USB port
Copy and paste the configuration from Example: Configuring EX4200 Switches for the QFX3000-M QFabric System Control Plane.
The EX4200 switch configuration is the same for both the copper-based and fiber-based QFX3000-M QFabric system control plane networks.
Before you begin:
Rack, mount, and install your QFabric system hardware (Director group, Interconnect devices, and Node devices). For more information, see Installing and Connecting a QFX3100 Director Device, Installing and Connecting a QFX3600 or QFX3600-I Device, and Installing and Connecting a QFX3500 Device.
Rack, mount, and install your EX4200 switches for the QFabric system control plane. For more information, see Installing and Connecting an EX4200 Switch.
Select a USB flash drive that meets the EX4200 switch USB port specifications. See USB Port Specifications for an EX Series Switch.
Use a computer or other device to download the configuration file from the Internet and copy it to the USB flash drive.
To import the control plane EX4200 switch configuration file onto a USB flash drive:
- In a browser, go to https://www.juniper.net/support/downloads/junos.html .
The Junos Platforms - Download Software page appears.
To access the download site, you must have a service contract with Juniper Networks and an access account. If you need help obtaining an account, complete the registration form at the Juniper Networks website
- In the QFX Series box, select QFX3000-M QFabric System.
The QFX3000-M QFabric System - Download Software page appears.
- Click the Software tab and select the software
release number from the Release list that appears to the
right of the Software tab.
A login screen appears.
- In the QFabric System Control Plane Network section, select QFX3000-M Control Plane Network Configuration.
A login screen appears.
- Enter your user ID and password and click Login.
- Read the End User License Agreement, select the I agree option button, and then click Proceed.
- Save the configuration file onto the USB flash drive using your computer or other device.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port on the EX4200 switch.
- Save the file to the
/var/home/usernamedirectory on the EX4200 switch.
- Load the configuration file into the switch.user@switch# load override filename
- Commit the configuration.user@switch# commitLoad complete
- Remove the USB flash drive from the switch.