Unpacking the SRX5800
Tools and Parts Required to Unpack the SRX5800 Services Gateway
To unpack the services gateway and prepare for installation, you need the following tools:
Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2
1/2-in. or 13-mm open-end or socket wrench to remove bracket bolts from the shipping pallet
Blank panels to cover any slots not occupied by a component
Unpacking the SRX5800 Services Gateway
The services gateway is shipped in a wooden crate. A wooden pallet forms the base of the crate. The services gateway chassis is bolted to this pallet. A cardboard accessory box and a Getting Started Guide are also included in the shipping crate.
The shipping container measures 33 in. (83.8 cm) high, 30.25 in. (76.8 cm) wide, and 43.25 in. (109.9 cm) deep. The total weight of the container containing the services gateway and accessories can range from 270 lb (122.5 kg) to 475 lb (215.5 kg).
The services gateway is maximally protected inside the shipping crate. Do not unpack it until you are ready to begin installation.
To unpack the services gateway, follow these steps (see Figure 1):
- Move the shipping crate to a staging area as close to the installation site as possible, where you have enough room to remove the components from the chassis. While the chassis is bolted to the pallet, you can use a forklift or pallet jack to move it.
- Position the shipping crate with the arrows pointing up.
- Open all the latches on the shipping crate.
- Remove the front door of the shipping crate cover and set it aside.
- Slide the remainder of the shipping crate cover off the pallet.
- Remove the foam covering the top of the services gateway.
- Remove the accessory box and the SRX5800 Services Gateway Getting Started Guide.
- Verify the parts received as described in Verifying the SRX5800 Services Gateway Parts Received.
- Remove the vapor corrosion inhibitor (VCI) packs attached to the pallet, being careful not to break the VCI packs open.
- To remove the brackets holding the chassis on the pallet, use a 1/2-in. socket wrench and a number 2 Phillips screwdriver to remove the bolts and screws from the brackets.
- Store the brackets and bolts inside the accessory box.
- Save the shipping crate cover, pallet, and packing materials in case you need to move or ship the services gateway at a later time.
Verifying the SRX5800 Services Gateway Parts Received
A packing list is included in each shipment. Check the parts in the shipment against the items on the packing list. The packing list specifies the part numbers and descriptions of each part in your order.
If any part is missing, contact a customer service representative.
A fully configured services gateway contains the services gateway chassis with installed components, listed in Table 1, and an accessory box, which contains the parts listed in Table 2. The parts shipped with your services gateway can vary depending on the configuration you ordered.
Table 1: Parts List for a Fully Configured Services Gateway
Chassis, including midplane, craft interface, and rack-mounting brackets
IOCs, Flex IOCs, and MPCs
Up to 11
Up to 11
1 or 2
Up to 3
Up to 4
Air filter tray
Getting Started Guide
Large mounting shelf
Small mounting shelf
Blank panels for slots without components installed
One blank panel for each slot not occupied by a component
Table 2: Accessory Box Parts List
Screws to mount chassis
Screws to connect grounding cable (1/4-20 thread, 1/2 in. length)
Split washers for connecting grounding cable
DC power terminal Lugs, 6-AWG
RJ-45 cable, with RJ-45 Jack to socket DB-9, to connect the device through the serial port
Terminal block plug, 3 pole, 5.08 mm spacing, 12A, to connect the device alarms
720-029106 Assy, Cbl, Fiber Optic, Duplex, LC/LC, Multimode, 3 m, UL94V-0
740-011613 SFP, GbE, 850 nm, 550 m Reach, SX, DDM, -10°C to 85°C Temp
Label, accessories contents, SRX5800
USB flash drive with Junos OS
Read me first document
Affidavit for T1 connection
Juniper Networks Product Warranty
End User License Agreement
3" x 5" pink bag
9" x 12" pink bag, ESD
Accessory Box, 19 x 12 x 3"
Ethernet cable, RJ-45/RJ-45, 4-pair stranded UTP, Category 5E, 15'
ESD wrist strap with cable