Unpacking the SRX5600
Tools and Parts Required to Unpack the SRX5600 Services Gateway
To unpack the services gateway and prepare for installation, you need the following tools:
Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2
1/2-in. or 13-mm open-end or socket wrench to remove bracket bolts from the shipping pallet
Blank panels to cover any slots not occupied by a component
Unpacking the SRX5600 Services Gateway
The services gateway is shipped in a wooden crate. A wooden pallet forms the base of the crate. The device chassis is bolted to this pallet. A Getting Started Guide and a cardboard accessory box are also included in the shipping crate.
The shipping container measures 33.5 in. (85.1 cm) high, 28 in. (71.1 cm) wide, and 26 in. (66.0 cm) deep. The total weight of the container containing the device and accessories can range from 153 lb (70 kg) to 351 lb (159.2 kg).
The device is maximally protected inside the shipping crate. Do not unpack it until you are ready to begin installation.
To unpack the device, follow these steps (see Figure 1):
- Move the shipping crate to a staging area as close to the installation site as possible, where you have enough room to remove the components from the chassis. While the chassis is bolted to the pallet, you can use a forklift or pallet jack to move it.
- Position the shipping crate with the arrows pointing up.
- Open all the latches on the shipping crate.
- Remove the front door of the shipping crate cover and set it aside.
- Slide the remainder of the shipping crate cover off the pallet.
- Remove the foam covering the top of the device.
- Remove the accessory box and the SRX5600 Services Gateway Getting Started Guide.
- Verify the parts received as described in Verifying the SRX5600 Services Gateway Parts Received.
- Remove the vapor corrosion inhibitor (VCI) packs attached to the pallet, being careful not to break the VCI packs open.
- To remove the brackets holding the chassis on the pallet, use a 1/2-in. socket wrench and a number 2 Phillips screwdriver to remove the bolts and screws from the brackets.
- Store the brackets and bolts inside the accessory box.
- Save the shipping crate cover, pallet, and packing materials in case you need to move or ship the device at a later time.
Verifying the SRX5600 Services Gateway Parts Received
A packing list is included in each shipment. Check the parts in the shipment against the items on the packing list. The packing list specifies the part numbers and descriptions of each part in your order.
If any part is missing, contact a customer service representative.
A fully configured services gateway contains the chassis with installed components, listed in Table 1, and an accessory kit box, which contains the parts listed in Table 2. The parts shipped with your device can vary depending on the configuration you ordered.
Table 1: Parts List for a Fully Configured Services Gateway
Chassis, including midplane, craft interface, and rack-mounting brackets
IOCs, Flex IOC, and MPCs
Up to 5
Up to 5
1 or 2
1 or 2
Up to 4
Air filter tray
Getting Started Guide
Small mounting shelf
Blank panels for slots without components installed
One blank panel for each slot not occupied by a component
Table 2: Accessory Kit Box Parts List
Screws to mount chassis and small shelf
Screws to connect grounding cable (1/4-20 thread, 1/2 in. length)
Split washers for connecting grounding cable
DC power terminal Lugs, 6-AWG
RJ-45-to-DB-9 cable to connect the device through the serial port
Cable manager brackets
Terminal block plug, 3–pole, 5.08 mm spacing, 12A, to connect the device alarms
720-029106 Assy, Cbl, Fiber Optic, Duplex, LC/LC, Multimode, 3 m, UL94V-0
740-011613 SFP, GbE, 850 nm, 550 m Reach, SX, DDM, -10°C to 85°C Temp
Label, accessories contents, SRX5600
USB flash drive with Junos OS
Read me first document
Affidavit for T1 connection
Juniper Networks Product Warranty
End User License Agreement
3 in. x 5 in. pink bag
9 in. x 12 in. pink bag, ESD
Accessory Box, 19 in. x 12 in. x 3 in.
Ethernet cable, RJ-45/RJ-45, 4-pair stranded UTP, Category 5E, 15'
ESD wrist strap with cable