Installing the SRX5600 Mounting Hardware
Installing the SRX5600 Services Gateway Mounting Hardware for a Rack or Cabinet
The services gateway can be installed in a four-post rack or cabinet or an open-frame rack. Install the mounting hardware on the rack before installing the services gateway.
An optional air deflector kit is available that lets you install the SRX5600 Services Gateway in a hot aisle/cold aisle ventilation environment. If you use this air deflector kit, you do not need to install the mounting shelf as described in this section.
Install the mounting shelf, which is included in the shipping container, before installing the services gateway. We recommend that you install the mounting shelf because the weight of a fully loaded chassis can be up to 220 lb (100 kg).
Table 1 specifies the holes in which you insert cage nuts and screws to install the mounting hardware required. The hole distances are relative to one of the standard U divisions on the rack. The bottom of all mounting shelves is at 0.02 in. above a U division.
Table 1: Four-Post Rack or Cabinet Mounting Hole Locations
Distance Above U Division
1.51 in. (3.8 cm)
0.88 in. (2.2 cm)
0.25 in. (0.6 cm)
- If needed, install cage nuts in the holes specified in Table 1.
- On the back of each rack rail, partially insert a mounting screw into the lowest hole specified in Table 1.
- Install the mounting shelf on the back of the rack rails. Rest the bottom slot of each flange on a mounting screw.
- Partially insert the remaining screws into the open holes in each flange of the mounting shelf.
- Tighten all the screws completely.
Moving the Mounting Brackets for Center-Mounting the SRX5600 Services Gateway
Two removable mounting brackets are attached to the mounting holes closest to the front of the chassis. You can move the pair of brackets to another position on the side of the chassis for center-mounting the services gateway.
To move the mounting brackets from the front of the chassis toward the center of the chassis:
- Remove the three screws at the top and center of the bracket.
- Pull the top of the bracket slightly away from the chassis. The bottom of the bracket contains a tab that inserts into a slot in the chassis.
- Pull the bracket away from the chassis so that the tab is removed from the chassis slot.
- Insert the bracket tab into the slot in the bottom center of the chassis.
- Align the bracket with the two mounting holes located
toward the top center of the chassis.
There is no mounting hole in the center of the chassis that corresponds to the hole in the center of the bracket.
- Insert the two screws at the top of the bracket and tighten
Two screws are needed for mounting the bracket on the center of the chassis. You do not need the third screw.
- Tighten the two screws completely.
- Repeat the procedure for the other bracket.