Installing the SRX5600 Using a Mechanical Lift
Tools Required to Install the SRX5600 Services Gateway with a Mechanical Lift
To install the services gateway, you need the following tools:
Phillips (+) screwdrivers, number 2
Installing the SRX5600 Services Gateway Using a Mechanical Lift
Because of the services gateway’s size and weight—up to 220 lb (100 kg) depending on the configuration—we strongly recommend that you install the services gateway using a mechanical lift. If you do not use a lift to install the services gateway, see Overview of Installing the SRX5600 Services Gateway Without a Mechanical Lift for complete instructions to install the services gateway safely.
Before front mounting the services gateway in a rack, have a qualified technician verify that the rack is strong enough to support the services gateway's weight and is adequately supported at the installation site.
An optional air deflector kit is available that lets you install the SRX5600 Services Gateway in a hot aisle/cold aisle ventilation environment.
To install the services gateway using a lift (see Figure 1):
- Ensure that the rack is in its permanent location and is secured to the building. Ensure that the installation site allows adequate clearance for both airflow and maintenance.
- Load the services gateway onto the lift, making sure it rests securely on the lift platform.
- Using the lift, position the services gateway in front of the rack or cabinet, centering it in front of the mounting shelf.
- Lift the chassis approximately 0.75 in. above the surface of the mounting shelf and position it as close as possible to the shelf.
- Carefully slide the services gateway onto the mounting shelf so that the bottom of the chassis and the mounting shelf overlap by approximately two inches.
- Slide the device onto the mounting shelf until the mounting brackets contact the rack rails. The shelf ensures that the holes in the mounting brackets of the chassis align with the holes in the rack rails.
- Move the lift away from the rack.
- Install a mounting screw into each of the open mounting holes aligned with the rack, starting from the bottom.
- Visually inspect the alignment of the services gateway. If the services gateway is installed properly in the rack, all the mounting screws on one side of the rack should be aligned with the mounting screws on the opposite side and the device should be level.
This illustration depicts the services gateway being installed in an open-frame rack.