Unpacking and Mounting the SRX550 HM
Unpacking the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available:
Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2
1/2 in. (13 mm) open-end or socket wrench to remove bracket bolts from the shipping pallet
Blank panels to cover any slots not occupied by a component
The SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway is shipped in a cardboard carton and secured with foam packing material. The carton also contains an accessory box and quick start instructions.
The services gateway is maximally protected inside the cardboard carton. Do not unpack it until you are ready to begin installation.
To unpack the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway:
- Move the cardboard carton to a staging area as close to the installation site as possible, where you have enough room to remove the components from the chassis.
- Position the cardboard carton with the arrows pointing up.
- Carefully open the top of the cardboard carton.
- Remove the foam covering the top of the services gateway.
- Remove the accessory box.
- Verify the parts received against the lists in Verifying Parts Received with the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway.
- Store the brackets and bolts inside the accessory box.
- Save the shipping carton and packing materials in case you need to move or ship the services gateway at a later time.
Verifying Parts Received with the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway
The SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway shipment package contains a packing list. Check the parts in the shipment against the items on the packing list. The packing list specifies the part numbers and carries a brief description of each part in your order.
If any part on the packing list is missing, contact your customer service representative or contact Juniper customer care from within the U.S. or Canada by telephone at 1-888-314-5822. For international-dial or direct-dial options in countries without toll-free numbers, see https://www.juniper.net/support/requesting-support.html.
The parts shipped with your services gateway can vary depending on the configuration you ordered.
Table 1: Parts List for a SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway
2U SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway chassis with 6 GPIM slots, 2 Mini-PIM slots, 1 ACE slot, 2 power supply slots, 6 10/100/1000 base-T ports, and 4 Gigabit Ethernet SFP ports. Includes blank covers for GPIM slots (6 covers for GPIM slots), Mini-PIM slots, ACE slot, and power supply slots.
Note: The ACE slot is not used.
CAT 5e cable
USB console cable with Type-A and Mini-B USB plugs
AC Power cord
Two power supplies must be installed in the services gateway for redundancy. A second power supply and additional power supplies are separately orderable and do not include the power cord. Additional power cords must be ordered separately.
Table 2: Accessory/Upgrade Parts List for the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway
End User License Agreement
Quick Start Guide
Flat-head mounting screws
Preparing the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway for Rack-Mount Installation
You can mount an SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway on four-post (telco) racks, enclosed cabinets, and open-frame racks. Center-mount racks are not supported.
Before mounting the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway in a rack:
Verify that the site meets the requirements described in Site Preparation Checklist for the SRX550 HM Services Gateway.
Verify that you have the following parts available in your rack-mounting kit for the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway:
Eight mounting screws to attach the mounting brackets to the chassis of the services gateway
Four mounting screws to attach the mounting brackets to the rack rail
Verify that the racks or cabinets meet the specific requirements described in SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway Rack Size and Strength Requirements.
Place the rack or cabinet in its permanent location, allowing adequate clearance for airflow and maintenance, and secure it to the building structure. For more information, see SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway Cabinet Airflow Requirements.
Remove the gateway chassis from the shipping carton. For unpacking instructions, see Unpacking the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway.
Installing the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway in a Rack
You can front-mount the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway in a rack. Many types of racks are acceptable, including four-post (telco) racks, enclosed cabinets, and open-frame racks.
If you are installing multiple devices in one rack, install the lowest one first and proceed upward in the rack.
To install the services gateway in a rack:
- Position a mounting bracket on each side of the chassis.
- Use a Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2 to install the screws that secure the mounting brackets to the chassis. Use either the front mount position, as shown in Figure 1, or the center mount position as shown in Figure 2.
- Have one person grasp the sides of the services gateway, lift it, and position it in the rack.
- Align the bottom hole in each mounting bracket with a hole in each rack rail, making sure the chassis is level.
- Have a second person install a mounting screw into each of the two aligned holes. Use a Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2 to tighten the screws.
- Install the second screw in each mounting bracket.
- Verify that the mounting screws on one side of the rack are aligned with the mounting screws on the opposite side and that the services gateway is level.