ON THIS PAGE
Returning the SRX550 HM Chassis or Components
Contacting Customer Support
Once you have located the serial numbers of the device or component, you can return the device or component for repair or replacement. For this, you need to contact Juniper Networks Technical Assistance Center (JTAC).
You can contact JTAC 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, using any of the following methods:
On the Web: Using the Case Manager link at https://www.juniper.net/support/
From the US and Canada: 1-888-314-JTAC
From all other locations: 1-408-745-9500
If contacting JTAC by telephone, enter your 11-digit case number followed by the pound (#) key if this is an existing case, or press the star (*) key to be routed to the next available support engineer.
When requesting support from JTAC by telephone, be prepared to provide the following information:
Your existing case number, if you have one
Details of the failure or problem
Type of activity being performed on the services gateway when the problem occurred
Configuration data displayed by one or more show commands
Your name, organization name, telephone number, fax number, and shipping address
The support representative validates your request and issues an RMA number for return of the component.
Return Procedure for the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway
To return an SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway or component to Juniper Networks for repair or replacement:
- Determine the part number and serial number of the services gateway or component.
- Obtain a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number from
Do not return the services gateway or any component to Juniper Networks unless you have first obtained an RMA number. Juniper Networks reserves the right to refuse shipments that do not have an RMA. Refused shipments are returned to the customer via collect freight.
- Pack the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway or component for shipping.
For more information about return and repair policies, see the customer support webpage at https://www.juniper.net/support/guidelines.html.
For product problems or technical support issues, open a support case using the Case Manager link at https://www.juniper.net/support/ or call 1-888-314-JTAC (within the United States) or 1-408-745-9500 (outside the United States).
Locating the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway Chassis Serial Number and Agency Label
The SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway serial number is located on the bottom of the device on the compliance/agency label.
Locating the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway Mini-PIM and GPIM Serial Number Labels
Mini-Physical Interface Modules (Mini-PIMs) and Gigabit-Backplane Physical Interface Modules (GPIMs) are field-replaceable on the SRX Series Services Gateway. Each Mini-PIM and GPIM has a unique serial number. The serial number label is located on the right side of the Mini-PIM, when the Mini-PIM is horizontally oriented (as it would be installed on the device). The exact location might be slightly different on different Mini-PIMs and GPIMs (XPIMs or GPIMs), depending on the placement of components on the Mini-PIM and GPIM.
Listing the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway Component Serial Numbers with the CLI
Before contacting Juniper Networks to request a Return Materials Authorization (RMA), you must find the serial number on the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway or component.
To list all of the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway components and their serial numbers, enter the following command-line interface (CLI) command:
user@host> show chassis hardware
Hardware inventory: Item Version Part number Serial number Description Chassis DA3515AK0016 SRX550M Midplane REV 03 750-063950 ACMW7426 Routing Engine REV 03 711-062269 ACMT8374 RE-SRX550M FPC 0 FPC PIC 0 6x GE, 4x GE SFP Base PIC Xcvr 6 REV 02 740-011613 PLN4Q4R SFP-SX Xcvr 7 REV 02 740-011613 PLH5R83 SFP-SX Xcvr 8 REV 02 740-011613 PPF68ZA SFP-SX Xcvr 9 REV 02 740-011613 AM1301SZEZL SFP-SX FPC 1 REV 00 750-064611 ACMX2090 FPC PIC 0 1x T1E1 mPIM (RoHS) FPC 2 REV 00 750-064613 ACMW2386 FPC PIC 0 1x Serial mPIM (RoHS) FPC 3 REV 00 750-064614 ACMZ1330 FPC PIC 0 16x GE POE gPIM (RoHS) FPC 6 REV 02 750-064615 ACMS8119 FPC PIC 0 8x SFP gPIM (RoHS) Xcvr 0 REV 01 740-013111 92244027 SFP-T Xcvr 1 REV 02 740-011613 PLH5KLM SFP-SX Xcvr 2 REV 02 740-011613 PPF68YU SFP-SX Xcvr 3 REV 02 740-011613 PN356ST SFP-SX Xcvr 4 REV 02 740-011613 PLN54T1 SFP-SX Xcvr 5 REV 01 740-020465 DDK2008229 SFP-1000BASE-BX10-D Xcvr 6 REV 02 740-011613 PPF68YV SFP-SX Xcvr 7 REV 02 740-011613 PPF68YW SFP-SX Power Supply 0 Rev 04 740-028131 WG02251 PS 645W DC Power Supply 1 Rev 04 740-028131 WH02925 PS 645W DC
In the show chassis hardware command, the Gigabit-Backplane Physical Interface Module (GPIM) slot number is reported as an FPC number, and the GPIM number (always 0) is reported as the PIC number.
Most components also have a serial number ID label attached to the component body.
Required Tools and Parts for Packing the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway
To remove the components from the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway or to remove the services gateway from a rack, you need the following tools and parts:
Blank panels to cover empty slots
Electrostatic bag or antistatic mat for each component
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding wrist strap
Flat-blade screwdriver, approximately 1/4 in. (6 mm)
Phillips (+) screwdrivers, numbers 1 and 2
Packing the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway for Shipment
To pack the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway for shipment:
- Retrieve the shipping carton and packing materials in which the services gateway was originally shipped. If you do not have these materials, contact your Juniper Networks representative about approved packaging materials.
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to the ESD point on the chassis or to an outside ESD point if the device is disconnected from earth ground. For more information about ESD, see Preventing Electrostatic Discharge Damage to the SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway.
- On the console or other management device connected to
the services gateway, enter the CLI operational mode and issue the
following command to shut down the services gateway software:
user@host> request system halt
Wait until a message appears on the console confirming that the operating system has halted.
- Shut down power to the services gateway by pressing the Power button on the front of the services gateway.
- Disconnect power from the services gateway.
- Remove the cables that connect to all external devices.
- Remove any GPIMs or Mini-PIMs that have been installed in the services gateway.
- If the services gateway is installed in a rack, have one person support the weight of the services gateway while another person unscrews and removes the mounting screws.
- Place the services gateway in the shipping carton.
- Cover the services gateway with an ESD bag, and place the packing foam on top of and around the device.
- Replace the accessory box on top of the packing foam.
- Securely tape the box closed.
- Write the Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number on the exterior of the box to ensure proper tracking.
Packing SRX550 High Memory Services Gateway Components for Shipment
Follow these guidelines for packing and shipping individual components of the services gateway:
When you return a component, make sure that it is adequately protected with packing materials and packed so that the pieces are prevented from moving around inside the carton.
Use the original shipping materials if they are available.
Place the individual component in an electrostatic bag.
Write the Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number on the exterior of the box to ensure proper tracking.
Do not stack any of the services gateway components during packing.