ON THIS PAGE
Returning the SRX1500 Chassis or Components
Contacting Customer Support
Once you have located the serial numbers of the device or component, you can return the device or component for repair or replacement. For this, you need to contact Juniper Networks Technical Assistance Center (JTAC).
You can contact JTAC 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, using any of the following methods:
On the Web: Using the Case Manager link at https://www.juniper.net/support/
From the US and Canada: 1-888-314-JTAC
From all other locations: 1-408-745-9500
If contacting JTAC by telephone, enter your 11-digit case number followed by the pound (#) key if this is an existing case, or press the star (*) key to be routed to the next available support engineer.
When requesting support from JTAC by telephone, be prepared to provide the following information:
Your existing case number, if you have one
Details of the failure or problem
Type of activity being performed on the services gateway when the problem occurred
Configuration data displayed by one or more show commands
Your name, organization name, telephone number, fax number, and shipping address
The support representative validates your request and issues an RMA number for return of the component.
Returning a SRX1500 Services Gateway Component to Juniper Networks
To return an SRX1500 Services Gateway or component to Juniper Networks for repair or replacement:
- Determine the part number and serial number of the services gateway or component.
- Obtain a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number
Do not return the services gateway or any component to Juniper Networks unless you have first obtained an RMA number. Juniper Networks reserves the right to refuse shipments that do not have an RMA. Refused shipments are returned to the customer via collect freight.
- Pack the SRX1500 Services Gateway or component for shipping.
For more information about return and repair policies, see the customer support webpage at https://www.juniper.net/support/guidelines.html.
For product problems or technical support issues, open a support case using the Case Manager link at https://www.juniper.net/support/ or call 1-888-314-JTAC (within the United States) or 1-408-745-9500 (outside the United States).
Locating the SRX1500 Services Gateway Chassis Serial Number and Agency Labels
The chassis serial number is located on the side of the chassis.
Listing the SRX1500 Services Gateway Component Details with the CLI
Before contacting Juniper Networks to request a Return Materials Authorization (RMA), you must find the serial number on the SRX1500 Services Gateway or component.
To list all of the SRX1500 Services Gateway components and their serial numbers, enter the following command-line interface (CLI) command:
user@host> show chassis hardware
Hardware inventory: Item Version Part number Serial number Description Chassis P1B_00000058 SRX1500 Midplane REV 02 750-058562 ACMH1592 SRX1500 Pseudo CB 0 Routing Engine 0 BUILTIN BUILTIN SRX Routing Engine FPC 0 REV 05 711-053832 ACMG3290 FEB PIC 0 BUILTIN BUILTIN 12x1G-T-4x1G-SFP-4x10G Xcvr 16 REV 01 740-031980 183363A02054 SFP+-10G-SR Xcvr 17 REV 01 740-031980 183363A02210 SFP+-10G-SR Xcvr 18 REV 01 740-031980 183363A02260 SFP+-10G-SR Xcvr 19 REV 01 740-031980 183363A02605 SFP+-10G-SR Power Supply 0 REV 01 740-055217 1EDP42500JZ PS 400W 90-264V AC in Fan Tray 0 SRX1500 0, Front to Back
Airflow - AFO Fan Tray 1 SRX1500 1, Front to Back
Airflow - AFO Fan Tray 2 SRX1500 2, Front to Back
Airflow - AFO Fan Tray 3 SRX1500 3, Front to Back
Airflow - AFO
Most components also have a serial number ID label attached to the component body.
Required Tools and Parts for Packing the SRX1500 Services Gateway
To remove the components from the SRX1500 Services Gateway or to remove the services gateway from a rack, you need the following tools and parts:
Blank panels to cover empty slots
Electrostatic bag or antistatic mat for each component
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding wrist strap
Flat-blade screwdriver, approximately 1/4 in. (6 mm)
Phillips (+) screwdrivers, numbers 1 and 2
Packing the SRX1500 Services Gateway for Shipment
To pack the SRX1500 Services Gateway for shipment:
- Retrieve the shipping carton and packing materials in which the services gateway was originally shipped. If you do not have these materials, contact your Juniper Networks representative about approved packaging materials.
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to the ESD point on the chassis or to an outside ESD point if the device is disconnected from earth ground. For more information about ESD, see Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
- On the console or other management device connected to
the services gateway, enter CLI operational mode and issue the following
command to shut down the services gateway software:
user@host> request system halt
Wait until a message appears on the console confirming that the operating system has halted.
- Shut down power to the services gateway by pressing the Power button on the front of the services gateway.
- Disconnect power from the services gateway.
- Remove the cables that connect to all external devices.
- If the services gateway is installed in a rack, have one person support the weight of the services gateway while another person unscrews and removes the mounting screws.
- Place the services gateway in the shipping carton.
- Cover the services gateway with an ESD bag, and place the packing foam on top of and around the device.
- Replace the accessory box on top of the packing foam.
- Securely tape the box closed.
- Write the Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number on the exterior of the box to ensure proper tracking.
Packing SRX1500 Services Gateway Components for Shipment
Follow these guidelines for packing and shipping individual components of the services gateway:
When you return a component, make sure that it is adequately protected with packing materials and packed so that the pieces are prevented from moving around inside the carton.
Use the original shipping materials if they are available.
Place the individual component in an electrostatic bag.
Write the Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number on the exterior of the box to ensure proper tracking.
Do not stack any of the services gateway components during packing.