Install the Front Door on a PTX10004
Install the Front Door on a PTX10004 Router
The front door (JNP10004-FRNT-PNL) is required on the PTX10004 to protect fiber-optic cabling and to provide additional protection from electromagnetic interference (EMI). The front door can be installed with or without the optional cable management system. You can also order JNP10004-FPNL1 for installations that require an air filter.
Be sure to have the front door (provided with the router chassis before you begin. See Figure 1 to identify the front door.
To install the front door:
- Wrap and fasten one end of the Electrostatic Discharge
(ESD) grounding strap around your bare wrist and connect the other
end of the strap to the ESD point on the front of the chassis. See Figure 2.
Figure 2: ESD Point for PTX10004 Chassis Front1—ESD point
- Insert all optics.
- Lift the front door and align the captive screws in the door with holes in the chassis flange. Fasten the door to the chassis and rack using the captive screws using your fingers until finger tight. See Figure 3.
Install and Remove a Front Door with Filter
The optional JNP10004-FRPNL1 EMI front door has an air filter. We recommend that you replace the air filter every six months. The order number for a spare filter is JNP10004-FLTR.
Be sure you have the following tools and parts before your begin:
A Phillips(+) screwdriver, number 2 (not provided)
Front door (provided)
Three cable seals—Two seals for the right side and one for the left side (provided)
Cable management system (provided)
See Figure 4 for the shipped components.
EMI front door with filter frame
Right cable seal
RCB cable seal
Left cable seal
To install a front door with an air filter:
- Install the cable management system. SeeInstall the PTX10004 Cable Management System.
You must have the extended ejector handles of the cable management system installed to remove or install the line cards if you use the front door with an air filter.
- Install the cable seals.
- Remove the top right mounting screw next to the Routing and Control Board (RCB) with the Phillips screwdriver. The mounting screws attach the chassis flanges to the four-post rack.
- Line up the top hole of the RCB cable seal over the mounting hole in the flange and align the second hole over the ESD grounding point. Fasten the seal and flange to the rack using the Phillips screwdriver to tighten the mounting screw.
- Loosen the mounting screws next to the line card along one side of the chassis.
- Position the keyhole slots of one of the long cable seals over the mounting screws. The long cable seals are not interchangeable; there is a right seal and a left seal. Install the seals so that the keyhole slots are on the inside, next to the line card. See Figure 5.
- Slide the keyhole slot down behind the mounting screws and align the cable seals with the chassis. Tighten the mounting screw with a Phillips screwdriver.
- Repeat Step c through Step e for the remaining cable seal.
- Install optics and attach front door.
- Wrap and fasten one end of the ESD grounding strap around your bare wrist and connect the other end of the strap to the ESD point on the front of the chassis. See Figure 2.
- Insert all optics and thread the cables through the cable seals.
- Lift the front door and align the captive screws in the door with holes in the chassis flange below the cable seals. Fasten the door to the chassis and rack using your fingers until finger tight.
To install the air filter in the front door:
- Turn the knob of the air filter frame anti-clockwise and
move it over the top of the front door. See Figure 7.
Figure 7: Air Filter in a PTX10004 Front Door1—Air filter frame Caution
Juniper recommends installing the air filter to prevent harmful debris from entering the chassis.
- Hold the air filter with both hands and insert it into
the front door until it stops. See Figure 8.
Figure 8: Insert the Air Filter into a PTX1004 Front Door1—Air filter
- Move the air filter frame over the front door and turn the knob on the air filter frame clockwise back in place.
To remove the air filter in the front door:
- Turn the knob on both sides of the air filter frame anti-clockwise
and move it over the top of the front door. SeeFigure 9.
Figure 9: Air Filter in a PTX10004 Front Door1—Air filter frame
- Grasp the air filter with both hands and lift the air
filter out of the front door. See Figure 9.
Figure 10: Lift the Air Filter Out of the PTX10004 Front Door1—Air filter