PTX10003 Installation Overview
Overview of Installing the PTX10003
You can mount a PTX10003:
Flush with the front of a 19-in. four-post rack. Use the mounting brackets attached to sides of the PTX10003.
Recessed 2 in. (5 cm) from the front of a 19-in. four-post rack. Recessed mounting is primarily used in enclosed cabinets.
To install and connect a PTX10003:
- Unpack the PTX10003 and verify the components received. See Unpacking and Mounting the PTX10003.
- Mount the PTX10003 in a rack. See Unpacking and Mounting the PTX10003.
- For installations that require a separate grounding conductor to the chassis, follow the instructions in Connecting the PTX10003 to Ground.
- Connect the PTX10003 to power. Depending on your configuration, follow the instructions in Connecting AC Power to the PTX10003.
- Connect the PTX10003 to a management console for initial configuration. See Connecting the PTX10003-80C to External Devices.
- Initially configure the Junos OS Evolved software following the instructions in Performing the Initial Software Configuration for the PTX10003.
PTX10003 Installation Safety Guidelines
Observe the following guidelines before and during PTX10003 installation:
General Installation Safety Guidelines
Before installing or moving the PTX10003, verify that the intended site meets the specified power, environmental, and clearance requirements. See the following documentation:
Chassis Lifting Guidelines
The weight of a fully-loaded PTX10003-160C is approximately 110 lb (50 kg). The weight of a fully -loaded PTX10003-80C is approximately 88 lb (40 kg). Observe the following guidelines for lifting and moving a PTX10003:
If you are installing the PTX10003 above 60 in. (152.4 cm) from the floor, remove the power supplies and fan modules before attempting to install the device. Unless you are using a mechanical lift, at least three persons are required to perform the rack installation.
Before lifting or moving the PTX10003, disconnect all external cables.
When manually raising the PTX10003 into the rack, have two persons lift and align the PTX10003 with the rack while another person secures the device to the rack. As when lifting any heavy object, lift most of the weight with your legs rather than your back. Keep your knees bent and your back relatively straight and avoid twisting your body as you lift. Balance the load evenly and be sure that your footing is solid.