ON THIS PAGE
Uninstalling the PTX10001
Removing a PTX10001 from a Rack or Cabinet
If you need to relocate an installed PTX10001, use the procedure described in this topic. (The remainder of this topic uses “rack” to mean “rack or cabinet.” )
When you remove multiple devices from a rack, remove the device at the top of the rack first and proceed to remove the rest of the devices from top to bottom.
Before removing a PTX10001 from a rack:
Ensure that the rack is stable and secured to the building.
Ensure that there is enough space to place the removed PTX10001 in its new location and along the path to the new location.
Power off the device (see Powering Off the PTX10001).
Disconnect the power cords.
Ensure that you have disconnected any cables or wires attached to the PTX10001 (see Disconnecting a Fiber-Optic Cable from the PTX10001).
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available:
A Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2 or number 3, depending on the size of your rack mounting screws, for removing the PTX10001 from the rack.
To remove a PTX10001 from a rack:
- Have one person support the weight of the device while another person uses the screwdriver to remove the front mounting screws that attach the chassis mounting brackets to the rack.
- Remove the PTX10001 from the rack.
- Use the screwdriver to remove the mounting screws that attach the mounting blades attached to the rear of the rack.
- Place the removed screws and rear-mounting blades in a labeled bag. You will need them when you reinstall the chassis.
- Transport the PTX10001 to the new location.