PTX10001 Installation Overview
Overview of Installing the PTX10001
You can mount a PTX10001 flush with the front of a 19-in. four-post rack. Use the standard mounting brackets provided with the PTX10001 for this configuration.
Before you begin to install and connect a PTX10001, ensure that you have reviewed the information in PTX10001 Installation Safety Guidelines.
To install and connect a PTX10001:
- Unpack the PTX10001 and verify the components received. See Unpacking the PTX10001.
- Determine how the device is to be mounted.
Mount the PTX10001 in a rack or cabinet. See Mounting the PTX10001.
- For installations that require a separate grounding conductor to the chassis, follow the instructions in Connecting the PTX10001 to Ground.
- Connect the PTX10001 to a management console for initial configuration. See Connecting the PTX10001 to a Management Console.
- Connect the PTX10001 to power. Depending on your configuration, follow the instructions in Connecting AC Power to the PTX10001 or Connecting DC Power to the PTX10001
- Initially configure Junos OS following the instructions in Performing the Initial Software Configuration for the PTX10001.
PTX10001 Installation Safety Guidelines
Observe the following guidelines before and during PTX10001 installation:
General Installation Safety Guidelines
Before installing or moving the PTX10001, verify that the intended site meets the specified power, environmental, and clearance requirements. See the following documentation:
PTX10001 Chassis Lifting Guidelines
The weight of a fully-loaded PTX10001 is approximately 26.8 lb (12.16 kg). Observe the following guidelines for lifting and moving a PTX10001:
If you are installing the PTX10001 above 60 in. (152.4 cm) from the floor, remove the power supplies, fan modules, and any expansion modules before attempting to install the device, or ask someone to assist you during the installation.
•Before installing thw PTX10001, read the guidelines in PTX10001 Site Preparation Checklist to verify that the intended site meets the specified power, environmental, and clearance requirements.
Before lifting or moving the PTX10001, disconnect all external cables.
As when lifting any heavy object, lift most of the weight with your legs rather than your back. Keep your knees bent and your back relatively straight and avoid twisting your body as you lift. Balance the load evenly and be sure that your footing is solid.