PTX1000 Installation Overview
Overview of Installing the PTX1000
You can mount a PTX1000 flush with the front of a 19-in. four-post rack. Use the standard mounting brackets provided with the PTX1000 for this configuration.
Before you begin to install and connect a PTX1000, ensure that you have reviewed the information in PTX1000 Installation Safety Guidelines.
To install and connect a PTX1000:
- Unpack the PTX1000 and verify the components received. See Unpacking the PTX1000.
- Mount the PTX1000 in a rack. See Mounting the PTX1000 in a Rack.
- For installations that require a separate grounding conductor to the chassis, follow the instructions in Connecting the PTX1000 to Ground.
- Connect the PTX1000 to power. Depending on your configuration, follow the instructions in Connecting AC Power to the PTX1000 or Connecting DC Power to the PTX1000.
- Connect the PTX1000 to a management console for initial configuration. See Connecting the PTX1000 to a Management Console.
- Initially configure Junos OS following the instructions in Performing the Initial Software Configuration for the PTX1000.
PTX1000 Installation Safety Guidelines
Observe the following guidelines before and during PTX1000 installation:
General Installation Safety Guidelines
Before installing or moving the PTX1000, verify that the intended site meets the specified power, environmental, and clearance requirements. See the following documentation:
PTX1000 Chassis Lifting Guidelines
The weight of a fully-loaded PTX1000 is approximately 68.6 lb (31.1 kg) with AC power supplies and 67.8 lb (30.8 kg) with DC power supplies installed. In addition to the guidelines described in Chassis and Component Lifting Guidelines, observe the following guidelines for lifting and moving a PTX1000:
If you are installing the PTX1000 above 60 in. (152.4 cm) from the floor, remove the power supplies and fan modules before attempting to install the device. Unless you are using a mechanical lift, at least three persons are required to perform the rack installation.
Before lifting or moving the PTX1000, disconnect all external cables.
When manually raising the PTX1000 into the rack, have two persons lift and align the PTX1000 with the rack while another person secures the device to the rack. As when lifting any heavy object, lift most of the weight with your legs rather than your back. Keep your knees bent and your back relatively straight and avoid twisting your body as you lift. Balance the load evenly and be sure that your footing is solid.