Configuring Junos OS on the OCX1100
OCX1100 Default Configuration
Each OCX1100 switch is programmed with a factory default configuration that contains the values set for each configuration parameter when the switch is shipped. The default configuration file sets values for system parameters such as syslog and commit, configures Ethernet switching on all interfaces, enables IGMP snooping, and enables the LLDP and RSTP protocols.
The following default configuration file is for an OCX1100 switch:
Interfaces ge-0/0/1 through ge-0/0/48 are SFP+ port interfaces. Interfaces ge-0/0/49 through ge-0/0/54 are QSFP+ port interfaces.
When you commit changes to the configuration, a new configuration file is created, which becomes the active configuration. You can always revert to the factory default configuration.
Connecting and Configuring an OCX1100 Switch (CLI Procedure)
You can connect and configure an OCX1100 switch through the console by using the CLI.
Before you begin connecting and configuring an OCX1100 switch, set the following parameter values on the console server or PC:
To connect and configure the switch from the console:
- Connect the console port on the rear panel of the switch to a laptop or PC by using the RJ-45 to DB-9 serial port adapter. See OCX1100 Switches Hardware Overview. You can also use the Mini-USB Type-B console port to connect to a laptop or PC. See Connecting an OCX1100 Switch to a Management Console by Using the Mini-USB Type-B Console Port.
- Log in as root. There is no password. If the software
booted before you connected to the console port, press the Enter key
for the prompt to appear.login root
- Start the CLI.root@:RE:0% cli
- Enter configuration mode.root> configure
- Specify a password for the root administration user account.root@# set system root-authentication plain-text-passwordNew password: passwordRetype new password: password
- (Optional) Configure the name of the switch. If the name
includes spaces, enclose the name in quotation marks (“ ”).root@# set system host-name host-name
- Configure the default gateway.root@# set routing-options static route default next-hop address
- Configure the IP address and prefix length for the switch
management interface.root@# set interfaces em0 unit 0 family inet address address/prefix-length
- (Optional) Configure the static routes to remote prefixes
with access to the management port.root@# set routing-options static route remote-prefix next-hop destination-ip retain no-readvertise
- Enable ssh service.root# set system services ssh root-login allow
- Commit the configuration.root@# commit