Unpacking the MX204
Tools and Parts Required to Unpack the MX204 Router
To unpack the router and prepare for installation, you need the following tools:
Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2
1/2-in. or 13-mm open-end or socket wrench to remove bracket bolts from the shipping pallet
Unpacking MX204 Router
The router is shipped in a cardboard carton and secured with foam packing material. The carton also contains an accessory box and quick start instructions.
The router is maximally protected inside the shipping carton. Do not unpack it until you are ready to begin installation.
To unpack the router:
- Move the shipping carton to a staging area as close to the installation site as possible, but where you have enough room to remove the router.
- Position the carton so that the arrows are pointing up.
- Open the top flaps on the shipping carton.
- Remove the accessory box, and verify the contents against the parts inventory on the label attached to the carton.
- Pull out the packing material holding the router in place.
- Verify the contents of the carton against the packing list included with the router.
- Save the shipping carton and packing materials in case you later need to move or ship the router.
Verifying the MX204 Router Parts Received
A packing list is included in each shipment. Check the parts in the shipment against the items on the packing list. The packing list specifies the part numbers and descriptions of each part in your order.
If any part is missing, contact a customer service representative.
A fully configured router contains the router chassis with installed components, listed in Table 1, and an accessory box, which contains the parts listed in Table 2. The parts shipped with your router can vary depending on the configuration you ordered.
Table 1: Parts List for a Fully Configured Router
AC or DC power supply
Documentation Roadmap and Product Warranty
Blank panels for slots without components installed
One blank panel for each slot not occupied by a component
Rack mount kit
Philips M4x7mm flat head screws
Table 2: Accessory Box Parts List
Screws to mount chassis
Screws to secure the ground cable lug
DC power ring terminal lugs, 14 - 16 AWG, sized for #6 screw
Label, “Small Parts Enclosed”
Label, “Accessories Contents”
USB flash drive with Junos OS
Read me first document
Affidavit for T1 connection
Juniper Networks Product Warranty
End User License Agreement
3 in. x 5 in. pink bag
9 in. x 12 in. pink bag, ESD
Accessory box, 19 in. x 12 in. x 3 in.
Ethernet cable, RJ-45 to DB-9
ESD wrist strap with cable