MX10016 Installation Overview
The MX10016 is a rigid sheet-metal router that houses the other hardware components such as Routing and Control Boards (RCBs), Switch Fabric Boards (SFBs), power supplies, fan trays, and line cards. The router is shipped in a cardboard box that has a two-layer wooden pallet base. The chassis is bolted to the pallet base. You can install an MX10016 router in a standard 19 in. (483 mm) equipment rack by using the supplied rack mount kit and the flanges attached to the chassis.
To install the MX10016:
- Unpack the router following the instructions in Unpacking an MX10016 Router and Components.
- Mount the chassis in the rack following the instructions
in Installing an MX10016 into a Four-Post Rack.
Because of the weight of the chassis, manual mounting is not recommended.
- Install the line cards following the instructions in Install an MPC in an MX10008.
- Connect the chassis to earth ground by following the instructions in Connect an MX10016 to Earth Ground.
- Connect power to the power supplies by following the instructions in Connecting an MX10016 to Power.
- Connect to the network.
To connect the router to a network for out-of-band management, follow the instructions in Connecting an MX10016 to a Network for Out-of-Band Management.
To connect the router to a management console, follow the instructions in Connecting an MX10016 Router to a Management Console.
- Configure the router by following the instructions in Configuring an MX10016 Router.
- Install optional equipment such as the cable management system. See Install the Cable Management System.