Connecting the Modem to the Console Port on the SRX550 Services Gateway
To connect the dial-up modem to the console port on the SRX550 Services Gateway:
- Turn off power to the services gateway.
- Turn off the power to the modem.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the console port on the services gateway. (Figure 1 shows the console cable connector).
- Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the RJ-45
to DB-9 serial port adapter.
Most modems have an RS-232 DB-25 connector. You must separately purchase an adapter to connect your modem to the RJ-45 to DB-9 adapter and Ethernet cable.
- Connect the serial port adapter to a separately purchased DB-9 socket to DB-25 plug adapter or other adapter appropriate for your modem.
- Plug the modem adapter into the DB-25 connector on the modem.
- Connect the modem to your telephone network.
- Turn on the power to the modem.
- Power on the services gateway by pressing the Power button on the front of the services gateway. Verify that the POWER LED on the front panel turns green.