Removing a Wiring Tray from a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device
The wiring tray in a QFX3008-I Interconnect device is a hot-insertable and hot-removable field-replaceable unit (FRU). Two wiring trays are installed in the rear of the chassis.
Before you remove a wiring tray from the device, ensure that you understand how to prevent ESD damage. See Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to remove a wiring tray from a QFX3008-I Interconnect device:
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap
Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 1
Replacement wiring tray
Do not leave the wiring tray slot empty while the device is operational. Replace the wiring tray promptly.
To remove a wiring tray from a QFX3008-I Interconnect device (see Figure 1):
- Set the wiring tray power switch to the OFF (O) position.
- If the AC power source has a power switch, set it to the OFF (O) position, and unplug the power cord or cords from the AC power source.
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to the ESD point on the chassis.
- Unscrew the captive screw, located at the top of each wiring tray, counterclockwise using your fingers. If you cannot easily unscrew the captive screw with your fingers, use the screwdriver.
- Taking care not to touch wiring tray components, pins, leads, or solder connections, place one hand under the wiring tray to support it. Grasp the wiring tray handle with your other hand, depress the tab at the top of the wiring tray, and pull the wiring tray completely out of the chassis.