Overview of Installing the SRX5800 Services Gateway
To install the SRX5800 Services Gateway:
- Prepare your installation site as described in Site Preparation Checklist for the SRX5800 Services Gateway.
- Review the safety guidelines explained in SRX5800 Services Gateway General Safety Guidelines and Warnings.
- Unpack the services gateway and verify the parts.
- Install the mounting hardware.
- Remove components from the services gateway chassis as described in Removing Components from the SRX5800 Chassis Before Installing It in the Rack.
- Lift the services gateway on to the rack as described in Installing the SRX5800 Services Gateway Chassis in the Rack.
- Reinstall components into the services gateway chassis as described in Reinstalling Components in the SRX5800 Services Gateway Chassis After Installing It in the Rack.
- Connect cables to the network and external devices.
- Connect the grounding cable as described in Grounding the SRX5800 Services Gateway.
To meet safety and electromagnetic interference (EMI) requirements and to ensure proper operation, you must properly ground the services gateway chassis before connecting power.
- Connect the AC power cord or DC power cables:
- Power on the services gateway:
- Perform the initial system configuration as described in Initially Configuring the SRX5800 Services Gateway.