SRX5400 Installation Overview
To install the SRX5400 Services Gateway:
- Prepare your installation site as described in Site Preparation Checklist for the SRX5400 Services Gateway.
- Review the safety guidelines explained in SRX5400 Services Gateway General Safety Guidelines and Warnings.
- Unpack the services gateway and verify the parts.
- Install the mounting hardware as described in Installing the SRX5400 Services Gateway Mounting Hardware for a Rack or Cabinet.
- Lift the services gateway on to the rack. Because of the weight of the services gateway, we recommend that you use a mechanical lift.
- Connect cables to the network and external devices.
- Connect the grounding cable as described in Grounding the SRX5400 Services Gateway .
To meet safety and electromagnetic interference (EMI) requirements and to ensure proper operation, you must properly ground the services gateway chassis before connecting power.
- Connect the AC power cord or DC power cables:
- Power on the services gateway:
- Perform the initial system configuration as described in Initially Configuring the SRX5400 Services Gateway.