Removing a Rear Card from a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device
There are eight rear cards in a QFX3008-I Interconnect device.
The rear cards are installed horizontally in the rear of the chassis
in the slots labeled
7. See Slot Numbering for a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device.
Before you remove a rear card, we recommend that you take it offline. See Taking the Rear Card Offline in a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device for more information.
Do not lift modules by holding the ejector levers. The levers cannot support the weight of the module. Lifting the module by the levers might bend the levers, and the bent levers prevent the board from being properly seated in the chassis.
Before you begin to remove a rear card:
Ensure that you understand how to prevent ESD damage. See Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
(Recommended) Take the rear card offline. See Taking the Rear Card Offline in a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to remove a rear card from a QFX3008-I Interconnect device:
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap
Antistatic bag or antistatic mat
Replacement rear card
To remove a rear card (see Figure 1):
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to the ESD point on the chassis.
- Place the antistatic bag or antistatic mat on a flat, stable surface.
- Pull both the ejector levers outward simultaneously, away from the faceplate of the rear card, until they go no further. This action causes the rear card to slide out of the chassis slightly.
- Grasping the ejector levers, pull the rear card about halfway out.
- Taking care not to touch the leads, pins, or solder connections, place one hand underneath the rear card to support it, and slide it out of the chassis completely.
- Place the rear card in the antistatic bag or on the antistatic mat.