Installing a Rear Card in a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device
There are eight rear cards in a QFX3008-I Interconnect device.
The rear cards are installed horizontally in the rear of the chassis
in the slots labeled
7. See Slot Numbering for a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device.
Do not lift modules by holding the ejector levers. The levers cannot support the weight of the module. Lifting the module by the levers might bend the levers, and the bent levers prevent the board from being properly seated in the chassis.
Before you begin installing a rear card in a QFX3008-I Interconnect device, ensure that you understand how to prevent ESD damage. See Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to install a rear card:
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap
Replacement rear card
To install a rear card in a QFX3008-I Interconnect device (see Figure 1):
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to the ESD point on the chassis.
- Taking care not to touch the leads, pins, or solder connections, pull the rear card out from the bag.
- Pull both the ejector levers outward simultaneously, away from the faceplate of the rear card, until they go no further.
- Carefully align the sides of the rear card with the guides inside the chassis.
- Ensuring that the rear card is correctly aligned, carefully slide it into the chassis until you feel resistance.
- Push both the ejector levers toward the faceplate of the
rear card until the levers are flush against the faceplate and are
Ensure that you push the ejector levers evenly and both ejector levers are completely engaged. It is possible for the board to receive power if only one of the levers is fully closed, causing a device malfunction.
- Verify that the rear card is installed correctly and functioning
normally by checking the LEDs on the faceplate of the rear card. The
POWERLED should be lit steady green a few minutes after the rear card is installed.
- Verify that the new device is inserted into the fabric
using the show fabric administration inventory interconnect-devices operational mode command from the QFabric default partition CLI.
root@qfabric> show fabric administration inventory interconnect-devices Item Identifier Connection Configuration Interconnect device IC-QFX3713490033 Connected Configured QFX3713490033/RE0 Connected IC-QFXB3714010454 Connected Configured QFX3714010454/RE0 Connected root@qfabric>
- From the QFabric director, enter the following configuration
mode CLI commands to remove the previous rear card from the inventory
of QFabric system components and associate the serial number of the
new rear card with the alias of the previous card.
root@fabric# delete fabric aliases interconnect-devices old-serial-numberalias-name
root@fabric# set fabric aliases interconnect-devices new-serial-numberalias-name
- Commit the changes using the commit command, which sends the configuration of the old device to the new device.