Removing a 16-Port QSFP+ Front Card from a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device
You can install up to eight 16-port QSFP+ front cards in a QFX3008-I
Interconnect device. The front cards are installed vertically in the
front of the chassis in the slots labeled
7. See Slot Numbering for a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device.
Before you remove a front card, we recommend that you take it offline to prevent the loss of data packets. See Taking a 16-Port QSFP+ Front Card Offline in a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device.
Do not lift modules by holding the ejector levers. The levers cannot support the weight of the module. Lifting the module by the levers might bend the levers, and the bent levers prevent the board from being properly seated in the chassis.
Before you begin to remove a front card:
Ensure that you understand how to prevent ESD damage. See Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
(Recommended) Take the front card offline. See Taking a 16-Port QSFP+ Front Card Offline in a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to remove a front card from a QFX3008-I Interconnect device:
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap
Antistatic bag or antistatic mat
Replacement front card or front card cover panel
To remove a front card (see Figure 1):
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to the ESD point on the chassis.
- Place the antistatic bag or antistatic mat on a flat, stable surface.
- Pull both the ejector levers outward simultaneously, away from the faceplate of the front card, until they go no further. This action causes the card to slide out of the chassis slightly.
- Grasp the handle on the faceplate of the front card with one hand, and pull the card about halfway out.
- Taking care not to touch the leads, pins, or solder connections, place the other hand on the base of the front card to support its weight and slide it out of the chassis completely.
- Place the front card in the antistatic bag or on the antistatic mat.
- If you are not replacing the front card, install the cover panel over the empty slot by rotating the knob on the top and bottom of the cover panel to the closed position.