Mounting an SRX4600 Services Gateway on Four Posts of a Rack or Cabinet
You can mount an SRX4600 services gateway on four posts of a 19-in. rack or cabinet by using the separately orderable four-post rack-mount kit. The remainder of this topic uses rack to mean rack or cabinet.
Space the front and rear rack rails between 23.5 in (59.7 cm) to 30.25 in (76.8 cm) front-to-back.
Before mounting the services gateway on four posts of a rack:
Verify that the site meets the requirements described in Site Preparation Checklist for the SRX4600 Services Gateway.
Place the rack in its permanent location, allowing adequate clearance for airflow and maintenance, and secure it to the building structure.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available:
Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2
Six Phillips 4-40 flat-head mounting screws (provided with the four-post rack-mount kit)
Eight Phillips 4x6-mm flat-head mounting screws (provided with the four-post rack-mount kit)
One pair each of flush or 2-in.-recess front-mounting brackets
One pair of side mounting rails
One pair of rear mounting blades
Screws to secure the chassis and the rear mounting blades to the rack (not provided)
One person must be available to lift the services gateway while another secures it to the rack.
If you are mounting multiple units on a rack, mount the heaviest unit at the bottom of the rack and mount the other units from the bottom of the rack to the top in decreasing order of the weight of the units.
To mount the services gateway on four posts of a rack:
- Remove the services gateway from the shipping carton (see Unpacking the SRX4600 Services Gateway).
- Attach the front-mounting brackets (either the flush or
the 2-in.-recess brackets) to the side mounting rails by using 6 Phillips
4-40 flat-head mounting screws. See Figure 1.
Figure 1: Attaching the Front-Mounting Bracket to the Side Mounting Rail1—Side mounting rail2—Front-mounting bracket
- Place the services gateway on a flat, stable surface.
- Align the side mounting rails along the side panels of the services gateway chassis. Align the two holes in the rear of the side mounting rails with the two holes on the rear of the side panel.
- Insert the Phillips 4x6-mm flat-head mounting screws into the two aligned holes and tighten the screws. Ensure that the two holes in the rear of the side mounting rails are aligned with the remaining two holes in the side panel. See Figure 2.
- Insert the Phillips 4x6-mm flat-head mounting screws into the remaining two holes in the side mounting-rails and tighten the screws.
- Have one person grasp both sides of the services gateway, lift the services gateway, and position it in the rack, aligning the side mounting rail holes with the threaded holes in the front post of the rack. Align the bottom hole in both the front-mounting brackets with a hole in each rack rail, making sure that the chassis is level. See Figure 3.
- Have a second person secure the front of the services gateway to the rack by using the appropriate screws for your rack.
- Slide the rear mounting blades into the side mounting rails. See Figure 4.
- Attach the rear mounting blades to the rear post by using the appropriate screws for your rack. Tighten the screws.
- Ensure that the services gateway chassis is level by verifying that all the screws on the front of the rack are aligned with the screws at the back of the rack.