Unpacking an EX Series Redundant Power System
The Redundant Power System (RPS) is shipped in a cardboard carton, secured with foam packing material. The carton also contains an accessory box. A separate cardboard carton contains one EX-PWR3-930-AC power supply.
The RPS is maximally protected inside the shipping carton. Do not unpack it until you are ready to begin installation.
To unpack an RPS:
- Move the shipping carton to a staging area as close to the installation site as possible, but where you have enough room to remove the RPS.
- Position the carton so that the arrows are pointing up.
- Open the top flaps on the shipping carton.
- Remove the accessory box and verify the contents against the parts inventory on the label attached to the carton.
- Pull out the packing material holding the RPS in place.
- Verify the components received against the packing list included with the RPS. An inventory of parts supplied with the RPS is provided in Parts Inventory (Packing List) for an EX Series Redundant Power System.
- Save the shipping carton and packing materials in case you need to move or ship the RPS later.