Replacing an SSD Drive on an RE-S-1800
Each RE-S-1800 Routing Engine supports two solid-state drives
(SSD) specified by Juniper Networks. The RE-S-1800 ships with one
SSD installed in the slot labeled
SATA SSD 1.
The spare SSD is Juniper part number SSD-32G-RE-S. Figure 1 shows the arrangement of storage
drive slots on a RE-S-1800 Routing Engine.
The following drive has been verified to work in the RE-S-1800 Routing Engine:
To replace a storage drive:
- Disable and deactivate the storage drive.
Remove the storage drive.
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap
to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to an ESD point on the appliance.
For more information about ESD, see Preventing Electrostatic Discharge Damage in the hardware guide for your router.
- Unfasten the thumbscrew that secures the access door in front of the storage drive slots, and open the door.
- Slide the lock on the ejector to the unlocked position.
- Carefully slide the drive out of the slot.
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to an ESD point on the appliance.
Reinstall a storage drive.
- Carefully align the sides of the drive with the guides in the slot.
- Slide the drive into the slot until you feel resistance, carefully ensuring that it is correctly aligned.
- Close the access door and tighten the thumbscrew to secure the door.