Replacing the Management Ethernet Cable on an MX Series Router
One Ethernet cable with RJ-45 connectors is provided
with the router.
To replace the cable connected to the
- Attach an ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Press the tab on the connector, and pull the connector straight out of the port. Figure 1 shows the connector.
- Disconnect the cable from the network device.
- Plug one end of the replacement cable into the
ETHERNETport. Figure 2 shows the port.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the network device.