Removing an MX2000 Single-Phase AC Power Distribution Module
Before you remove a single-phase AC PDM, be aware of the following:
Before performing AC power procedures, disconnect all power sources. To ensure that all power is off, locate the circuit breaker on the panel board that services the AC circuit, switch the circuit breaker to the off position, and tape the switch handle of the circuit breaker in the off position.
To maintain proper cooling and prevent thermal shutdown of the operating power supply unit, each PDM slot must contain either a PDM or a blank panel. If you remove a PDM, you must install a replacement PDM or a blank panel shortly after the removal.
After powering off a PDM, wait at least 60 seconds before turning the circuit breaker back on.
The PDMs are hot-swappable in a redundant configuration. However, you cannot switch from one type of PDM (AC or DC) to another while the system is on.
Each single-phase AC PDM weighs approximately 9 lb (3.6 kg). To remove a single-phase AC PDM:
- Attach an electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to one of the ESD points on the chassis.
- Move the switch to the off (
O) position for the power supply modules that are powered from only the AC PDMs being removed.
After powering off a PDM, wait at least 60 seconds before turning it back on.
- Remove the two thumb screws at each end of the power cord retainer by turning them counter-clockwise.
- Remove the power cord retainer.
- Starting at one end of the PDM, unplug all the power cords.
- Loosen the two thumbscrews on the PDM ejector levers and pull down the ejector bar.
- Pull the two ejector levers away from the PDM until they stop and remove the PDM from the router chassis. Refer to Figure 1.
- Place the PDM on an antistatic flat surface.
- Cover the empty slot with a blank panel or install a new PDM into the slot. Refer to Installing an MX2000 Single-Phase AC Power Distribution Module.