Installing a Control Board in a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device
There are two Control Boards in a QFX3008-I Interconnect device.
The Control Boards install horizontally in the rear of the chassis
in the slots labeled
CB 0 and
CB 1. See Slot Numbering for a QFX3008-I Interconnect Device.
Do not lift modules by holding the ejector levers. The levers cannot support the weight of the module. Lifting the module by the levers might bend the levers, and the bent levers prevent the board from being properly seated in the chassis.
When you install a new Control Board in the QFX3008-I Interconnect device, the Junos OS is updated to the same version that is running on the QFX3100 Director group.
Before you begin installing a Control Board in a QFX3008-I Interconnect device, ensure that you understand how to prevent ESD damage. See Prevention of Electrostatic Discharge Damage.
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available to install a Control Board:
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap
Replacement Control Board
To install a Control Board in a QFX3008-I Interconnect device (see Figure 1):
- Attach the ESD grounding strap to your bare wrist, and connect the strap to the ESD point on the chassis.
- Taking care not to touch the leads, pins, or solder connections, pull the Control Board out from the bag.
- Pull both the ejector levers outward simultaneously, away from the faceplate of the Control Board, until they go no further.
- Carefully align the sides of the Control Board with the guides inside the chassis.
- Ensuring that the Control Board is correctly aligned, carefully slide it into the chassis until you feel resistance.
- Push both the ejector levers simultaneously toward the
faceplate of the Control Board until the levers are flush against
the faceplate and are fully engaged.
Ensure that you push the ejector levers evenly and that both ejector levers are completely engaged. It is possible for the board to receive power if only one of the levers is fully closed, causing a device malfunction.
- Verify that the Control Board is installed correctly and
functioning normally by checking the LEDs on the faceplate of the
Control Board. The
STATUSLED should be lit steady green a few minutes after the Control Board is installed.