Unpacking a QFX3100 Director Device
The QFX3100 Director devices are shipped in a cardboard carton, secured with foam packing material. The carton also contains an accessory box and quick start instructions.
QFX3100 Director devices are maximally protected inside the shipping carton. Do not unpack the Director devices until you are ready to begin installation.
To unpack a QFX3100 Director device (see Figure 1):
- Move the shipping carton to a staging area as close to the installation site as possible but where you have enough room to remove the system components.
- Position the carton so that the arrows are pointing up.
- Open the top flaps on the shipping carton.
- Remove the accessory box and verify the contents against the parts inventory.
- Pull out the packing material holding the QFX3100 Director device in place.
- Verify the components received against the inventory provided in Table 1.
- Save the shipping carton and packing materials in case you need to move or ship the device later.
Table 1: Inventory of Components Provided with a QFX3100 Director Device
QFX3100 Director device
Fan module (installed)
AC power supply module (installed)
4-port Ethernet network module (installed)
Hard disk drive (HDD) module (installed)
Two-post rack-mount kit
Four-post rack-mount kit