Mounting a QFX3100 Director Device on Two Posts in a Rack or Cabinet
You can mount a QFX3100 Director device on two posts of a 19-in. rack or cabinet by using the mounting brackets provided with the device. (The remainder of this topic uses “rack” to mean “rack or cabinet.”)
You can mount the QFX3100 Director device on four posts of a four-post rack by using the side rail brackets provided with the device. See Mounting a QFX3100 Director Device on Four Posts in a Rack or Cabinet.
Before mounting the device on two posts in a rack:
Verify that the site meets the requirements described in Site Preparation Checklist for a QFX3100 Director Device.
Place the rack in its permanent location, allowing adequate clearance for airflow and maintenance, and secure it to the building structure.
Remove the device from the shipping carton (see Unpacking a QFX3100 Director Device).
Ensure that you have the following parts and tools available:
Electrostatic discharge (ESD) grounding strap (provided)
Phillips (+) screwdriver, number 2
Four mid-mount mounting brackets and mounting screws (provided)
Screws to secure the chassis to the rack (not provided)
One person must be available to lift the QFX3100 Director device while another secures it to the rack.
If you are mounting multiple units on the rack, mount the heaviest unit at the bottom and mount the others from bottom to top in order of decreasing weight.
To mount the QFX3100 Director device on two posts in a rack:
- Place the QFX3100 Director device on a flat, stable surface.
- Align one mid-mount bracket to the mid-mount bracket holes near the center of the side of the QFX3100 Director device. Ensure that the bracket is aligned with the mounting holes and that the bracket face is facing the rack post.
- Attach the mounting bracket to the QFX3100 Director device.
- Mount the attached mounting bracket to the rack post. Tighten all screws.
- Attach the mounting bracket on the opposite end of the same side to the QFX3100 Director device and mount it to the rack post. Tighten all screws.
- Repeat this procedure for the mounting brackets on the opposite side of the QFX3100 Director device. Tighten all screws.
- Ensure that the QFX3100 Director device chassis is level by verifying that all screws on one side of the rack are aligned with the screws on the other side. See Figure 1.